Hello, Dear Readers, and welcome to our new weekly roundup of interesting tidbits from around the gaming world, and especially in the under-served communities, by attempting to highlight those stories. This week we have a couple of links to stories on new role-playing games for kids, so those of you looking to get the family into gaming take heed!
- Do you have unlucky dice? YouTuber Daniel Fisher shows you how to check the balance of your dice using an old golf trick.
- Shanna Germain, co-owner of Monte Cook Games, and lead designer on their newest, kid-friendly offering No Thank You, Evil! did an interview about the game with tribality.com.
- Also from tribality.com, a round-up of this year’s Origins award winners and fan-favorites.
- Another kid-friendly offering, this time from Wizards of the Coast, is Monster Slayers: Champions of the Elements. Check out this write-up on it from EN World.
- In slightly older news, Greg Stafford, the original president of Chaosium Games, is back at the helm and promising a “[r]eturn to regularly making awesome new games.”
And finally, you can help us keep abreast of the latest news in the gaming world. We would love if you would send us any relevant links or information you might stumble upon, especially where it relates to women, families, and the LGBT communities. Thanks so much!